Friday, September 6, 2013

Trying out the Green Thumb

This is the first year I did a garden.  I will be posting the things that didn't work and what did.  This year we were actually really successful.  I will be posting pictures soon of our garden and what we picked from it.  So far I have canned peach jam, peaches(I had two huge boxes of peaches plus two over flowing grocery bags), pickles, and salsa.  I think I have a year supply of each.  So far I love gardening and the fruits of my labor.  Ok lets get real.  My husband did most of the work in prepping and watering the garden.  I mainly weed and harvest.  I will let you know that I bottled the BEST tasting Salsa EVER!  It is called Jalapeno Salsa and it isn't really spicy but has the best flavor.  Comment if you would like the recipe.



 Peach Jam

 Pickles

 Peaches

Salsa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!